Sunday, August 1, 2010


Okay so when I said that Saturday was the hottest day I had ever experienced, I lied. Yesterday, which was my Sunday, was THE hottest, for real this time. It was sunny, clear skies, not one cloud to be seen and it was 34 degrees I think, but add the humidity and everything, I was dying! Joe and Judy took me around Hong Kong to show me different things and we walked everywhere! My feet were soooo sore by the time I got home! First we went for Dim Sum, where I tried chickens feet...not my cup of tea, but had to try it anyway! And then we went to this shopping center and looked around. Next we went to the Peak, which is a building you go to that overlooks hong kong and I took a bunch of pictures there. We couldn't stay for to long though because it was outside and it was just to hot! After that we went to IFC, which is the tallest building in Hong Kong, it was huge!! We went into the shopping center that is attached to it, because we weren't actually allowed to go into IFC, you have to be authorized and all that jazz to go in. So we shopped around a bit, then headed to take a ferry over to the Kowloon side. Hong Kong is an island, and if you cross the water, then you get to Kowloon. So the ferry was only about 5 minutes and we were there. We went to Harbour city, which is a shopping center right by the water and were there for a bit. After that we went for supper, we had Japanese food. I tried everything except for the octopus, just couldn't do it. I had raw salmon, tuna, scallop, and tried some eel too, which was cooked! It was actually all pretty good, not saying I would go and eat it all the time, but it wasn't to bad! When we went for Dim Sum, I learned that when someone pours you tea, you tape your index and middle finger on the table lightly and it means thank you. Apparently the Emperor did this when his servants brought him tea at a dinner or something, so it would not make a scene and he could still say thank you without interrupting. Oooh and also, when we were on the Kowloon side, before we went for supper, we were walking around this shopping area where they had stores like Chanel and Gucci, and there was this store where there were stairs going up to it, and the stairs were a tv! Each stair had a little bit of the LED screen on it, so when you looked at it as a whole it was tv, at the time it was playing a fashion show! I think that was all, if I remember more I will add it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment