Friday, August 27, 2010

Lets see, what did I do today... well the day started off by having to go to the agency at 11 am to do a video casting for deodorant to send to Bangkok. I was sooooo tired but I managed. After that, I came home and slept some more before I had to go to another casting pretty far away from the living area. This second casting was for a clothing designer that is here in Hong Kong. I think the casting went pretty good, but who knows, guess we'll find out in a week or so! After that casting I had one more for a makeup show, but when I showed up, the lady asked me when I was in HK until and I said the end of October, turns out the job is in November, so I am not eligible for it, yay good times. So if you read all of that correctly, that means I had THREE castings in ONE DAY. Holy crap right? If I am doing my math correctly here, which I do believe I am, it seems that I had more castings today then I have had in the past week and a half. Hopefully this means that its starting up again and won't be so slow anymore! I would thoroughly enjoy that. So after all of that, I came back home, ate some supper and then hit the gym to work on my fitness. While here, there was unfortunately no entertaining old woman salsa class (sad face), but there did happen to be a very high paced aerobic/boxing/not sure what it was class, also filled with older woman. This was not as fun to watch, but still slightly entertaining and probably about 98% of the people attending the class could not keep up whatsoever. After watching a few minutes of that I finished my Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which I realized, as well as being really really good, it was really really odd. I am kind of shocked that children are allowed to watch it! The one part where they take the boat on the chocolate river, through the tunnel, WEIRD! There are all of these like flashing lights and pictures of insects and Willy Wonka is just going buck wild like he's on drugs or something. If I watched that as a small child, I would be scared and probably have nightmares! What the heck. Anyway, I did enjoy it. One thing though, while in the process of being on the treadmill and watching my movie, there was a girl, probably about my age, maybe a year or two younger, on a treadmill behind me and a few to the right. Now that you know her position, which is totally not relevant at all, I will tell you what she was doing. First off, she was running on this treadmill, normal human activity to be participating in while at the gymnasium. Second, now this is the part that wanted me to rip my eyes out and throw them at her, she was running with the heaviest feet I have ever friggin heard in my friggin life! I swear it was like not one, but TWO huge, large, big elephants running on this treadmill. It was so loud you could probably hear it from outside of the gym walls. FLIP. Talk about annoying/hi you are interrupting me and everyone else here with your loud flippin feet, could you please pretend that you are walking on clouds or you have feathers for feet or something? CAN YOU NOT HEAR YOURSELF RUNNING?! Like what the heck. If that was me I would be just a tad bit embarrassed..OH WAIT I would never run with that loud of a sound! Gosh. Anyway, so I kept looking back at her, trying to give her the "Umm excuse me could you please not run with this loud of a noise"/"HI YOU ARE BEING REALLY FLIPPIN LOUD AND ITS NOT SO GREAT" kind of look, but she never noticed, not once! I looked at her multiple times and so did many other members of the gym! Geesh girl, figure it out! So that was just fun and lovely times, and now I am back at my apartment, typing up my day and about to hit the hay (that rhymed if you didn't notice..). Some things I forgot to mention:

1. I actually talked to my one roommate that always sits in her room with her headphones in! The one that is 16 and stays in the apartment 24/7 unless she has a casting or a job. We both had the same casting so we went together, which means some conversation must occur otherwise that would make for a slightly awkward situation. So we chatted a little, not a whole bunch, but more than we have since I got here. It was quite dandy. I asked her when she was here until, she said "I don't remember...2 months", so I said oh so your staying until october, and she says uhmmm yes. I said what day do you leave? And she said September 13.. Sooo as you can see there is a slight communication error here, I think it is a tad difficult for her to understand english/what is really being said.

2. I met a girl from the Ukraine today, her name is Valerie, she is also with my agency. She was quite nice. We had to go to a casting together, so we chatted quite a bit. She was a nice human, I did really enjoy her! She will be here for awhile I think, I don't think she really has a set time on when she is leaving, so maybe I will see more of her in the future days!

No comments:

Post a Comment