Thursday, August 12, 2010

So today started with an early 8:30 am, as I had a call time for my Nikon job at 11, but the studio is about 45 minutes away. I had to shower and get ready and all that jazz before I went, plus I don't have a blow dryer so I had to get up extra early so my hair would be dry by the time I got there. So I made my way over to the studio, it was the same place where I did my test shoot a few days ago, so me and all the people that work there are pretty much best friends by now! Just kidding, but seriously, everyone just knows me by name now, I don't know all of theirs because there are like 15 of them, and I'm not THAT good with names. So the shoot was 4 hours, I pretty much had to stay in the same position for the whole time, with the occasional slight bit of a turn in the head or just small adjustments like that, but my body stayed the same the whole time. Talk about getting a tad stiff after about the first hour! They had the one pose they wanted, it wasn't just a free do whatever you want shoot, it was a this is what we want, so thats all your going to do. How fun! My hair was to the side, and the hair stylist kept fixing it, so I decided to stop moving my neck so it wouldn't wreck so easily. After 4 hours of not moving your neck, and moving your whole body when you want to turn to look at something, your neck/shoulders start to harden into place pretty much! Lets just say it was a good shoot, we got lots of good shots said the photographer, the clients were pleased, but I left a very sore human! After that I went over to the agency and picked up my job voucher for tomorrows catalogue job and then headed back to the apartment. I hung out there for a bit, then went and roamed the streets of Hong Kong. After that I stopped by Joe's work for a bit, where we discussed the iPhone 4. He was on a waiting list for one and it finally came in, so he went to go pick it up after he was done work. The iPhones are in such demand here that not just anyone off the street can go into a provider and buy one, they will only put people on the waiting list that are already members, like long term contracted people. So if i wanted to get an iPhone, I thought I would have to go through Apple and then wait my 3-4 weeks to get it. But this isn't the case! Judy has a friend that is a higher up person working for Apple, and each customer can get 2 each, so Judy got her friend to set one aside for me!! Which means I don't have to wait 3-4 weeks, I only have to wait 2 days, aka I'm getting it on Saturday!!!! YAY! I am sooooo excited!! Let me just inform you of what this means:

1. I can contact people back home now, for real this time.
2. Anywhere I go in the world, it will work and I can still continue to contact people back home.
3. I can play sweet games on it.
4. The gym will no longer feel like a lifetime to get through, as I can watch movies etc on my phone.
5. I'M SO EXCITED! :D

Anyway, so as you can see I can hardly wait for Saturday to get here! Hopefully it will go by fast as I have a job all day tomorrow (a whopping 8 hour shoot), then we can go pick it up anytime after 11! So Judy said she would meet me at my apartment and we would go! YAAAAYYY!!! Saturday I have nothing planned yet, but then Sunday Judy is going to take me to the Big Buddha, which I think is the largest in the world, but I am not exactly sure. We are going to take the crystal cable car up to the Big Buddha. It is glass all around, the floor the walls, everything! I'll probably crap my pants because I'm afraid of heights, but it will be so cool! Also, to get up to the Big Buddha is 268 steps...talk about getting my exercise on! But it should be a fun day. That is about all the exciting news I have for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment