Friday, August 6, 2010

Alright, so today started a little later than the previous days, I was up at about 9 am, woohooooo finally a sleep in! Except one problem, it felt like I had barely slept, I was soooo tired. So I got up did the normal morning stuff, then had to go to the agency to do a video casting for deodorant to send to Bangkok. After that I came back to my apartment then hit the gym to work on my fitness. The gyms here are so boooooring! I didn't realize the importance of a small tv monitor infront of you while your walking at the pace of a turtle on the treadmill, geeeesh. Back home, there's a tv on every treadmill, elliptical and bike, it really does help make the time go by faster. Here in Hong Kong, there are a few tv's placed throughout the gym, so you can watch, but one problem, Im from Canada, in other words, I don't speak Chinese, therefore I don't understand whats going on on the tv, whoopee, my time on the treadmill feels like weeks instead of minutes. Also, the tv shows here are weird, they do re-makes of shows that are in Canada, example 1: Ugly Betty. They have a chinese version of it, and it is really just dumb. Even though I don't understand it, I can tell its just stupid anyway, much better at home! The shows here seem to be super cheesy and really goofy, so it slightly annoys me to watch them! Anyway, after the gym I went and bought a few groceries, fuuuunnn.... Then I came back to the apartment, showered and had nothing else to do, so I resorted to cleaning the apartment, another fun activity! Man was the microwave dirty, and I haven't even used it yet! Like come on, after you use it and your food has splattered, all you have to do is take a cloth and wipe it off, do you not realize it takes a bit more work once the food has dried, you actually have to scrub instead of just do a light swipe! Anyway, I cleaned everything, what a fun day. After cleaning I went over to Joe's cafe and hung out for a bit. This large family or group of people or something came in to the cafe and so Joe used this really cool coffee maker to make them coffee. It is called a "Coffee Syphon". Apparently this coffee maker is also in the movie The Bucket List. I took a video of it, so I will post it under all the writing. It was sooooo cool!! After he was done work, him and Judy took me to Mong Kok and we went for supper there. We went to this place called Modern Toilet, it was probably the coolest restaurant i've been to! All of the chairs were toilets, the tables were either sinks or tables with a piece of glass over top and there were shower heads on one wall and urinals on another. It was just real cool. Joe is going to send me the pictures, so once I get them I will post them! Oh also, the food is served in little toilets and different bathroom related items, its so funny! After that, we walked around Mong Kok for a bit, then I headed back to my apartment, and now I am here. A few side notes here: 1. I passed the old hex ladies today, one was hard at work, with not one but TWO people at her little area, someone is really in for a bad luck spell there... 2. I'm going to watch the FIVB World Grand Prix for womans volleyball on the 22, i'd probably be jealous if I were you... ;)

Cool coffee maker video: (Sorry that it is not upright, but I don't know if I can turn it on the computer?)

No comments:

Post a Comment