Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Alright, so today started with me finding the gym I was referenced to, that was exciting...yay. Then after that I came home and was getting ready to go to the agency and then to my first casting. I had a shower, then went to plug my blow dryer in, one which I bought in Thailand, and I used the converter and everything and it didn't work! I tried many times and it failed on me every one, so I went and asked my roomates if I could borrow their blow dryer, but to my luck, they don't have one, greeeat right? So here's me with wet hair, having to go to the agency and then show up to a casting with who knows what as a mop on my head. Luckily, the heat and humidity dried my hair pretty fast, so I was able to fix it a little bit while I was at the agency. Oh yea, and when I was on my way to the agency, GOT LOST. I missed a turn and had no idea where the flip I was! Turns out I was just on the wrong side of the road and down a bit, but still, took me a good 15 minutes to figure that out! After that I went to my casting, got lost for a few minutes around there too, all the while it being hot as ever outside, so Im lost, sweating, and I have a casting to go to, great huh? I found the place eventually, so I sat outside for a few minutes and touched up so I didn't go in looking wet and sticky, because we all know that would be a nice first impression! The casting went pretty good I thought and I even met another model from Canada, he is from Toronto. Casting finished, I went home, took a quick shower and then went to Joe's work and hung out there for a bit, I went there and got directions to the castings I have tomorrow and I also have a magazine job tomorrow as well! My day is pretty much packed full, 11 to about 6:30 jam packed! And each place I need to go to are pretty much on the opposite sides of Hong Kong, so thats just grand, should be an adventure. Joe Judy and I went out for supper and then walked around a bit, then I came home. Some interesting things I came across today:

1. While I was on my way back from my casting, I was on the tram and this family or something was also on, they all had flippin long long long hair, I mean to the bend in your knees long, no exaggeration, for real to your knees! It was unreal. The girls had it and so did the boys, I wanted to take a picture but thought that would be weird... My hair is like at my shoulder blades and it gets hot back there, imagine all the way down your back and past your butt!

2. This area I walk by to get to Joe's work, there are these old woman that have these little stations/areas set up with incense and candles and chinese things. There are also a few stools there as well. A few times I have seen people sitting there and the old women banging a shoe or something against a rock or something hard like that, and I never understood what they were doing. I just assumed it was like some weirdo asian good luck thing that they do. Turns out I was COMPLETELY wrong. Joe told me that people go there when they want to put a "hex" or like bad luck on someone! I guess it's like a voodoo thing! So what they do is if you don't like someone or you wish something bad upon someone, you take their picture or something to one of these ladies and they do some weirdo bad luck spell/voodoo thing! Wild right?

2 comments:

  1. In a week you will be quite the seasoned Hong Kong resident already! We all better be real nice to you - don't want our photos ending up with the HEX ladies!

    Auntie D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes I will, and yea, better tell the family to be really nice or else! Haha

    ReplyDelete