Sunday, August 22, 2010

So, today started off by waking up and eating, as per usual. Talked to mom for a bit and then had a little chat with Dan. Got ready and then headed over to the Hong Kong Coliseum to watch volleyball! I got there pretty early and took pictures, it was soooo cool! I was so excited, obviously! I took about 500 pictures and 30 videos.. I drained the battery in both my phone and my camera by the time I left the place! The first game was at 1:15, Germany vs. Thailand. It was actually a pretty good game. I thought that Germany would win, but they fell apart by about set 3 and Thailand took it. When Germany started to fall apart, their coach went wild, so that probably didn't help to much. I didn't take to many pictures of that game, I was waiting for the USA vs. China game, that would be the really good one. So that game started at 3:45 I think and thats when the coliseum was packed, no seats empty. China is like 2.5 seconds away, so what do you expect! So first off, the woman sitting next to me was about 70-80 years old, and the whole time she sounded like she was going to cough up a lung, for real. It was a really gross, super phlegmy cough, I didn't enjoy it to much.. Second, the guy on the other side of me was probably in his 50s and he made a sound effect to every little thing that happened. "OOOOHHHH", and "AHHHHH" or some yelling of chinese words, or even just talking chinese words, but he was by himself so I'm not exactly sure who he was saying them to.. Anyway, so I not only got the entertainment of watching this game, but I got some from the humans sitting around me, it was like two shows for the price of one! NOT. The game started, it was wild, US is good, I was enjoying it quite a bit. US won the first 2 sets, 25-20 and 25-10. So the third set was do or die for China. HOLY MAN DID THE CROWD GO WILD. It was unreal, you have no idea. Every point that China would get or pretty much anything they did, pass, set hit, whatever they did, the crowd would make some type of noise, and loud. They would all "OOOH" or gasp or some type of sound effect. It was crazy! I have never heard a crowd cheer like this before, it was cool to be in! So the crowd is just going crazy, and this really helped China out, US fell apart sightly and then China took the set 25-22. The crowd definitely enjoyed that. I just can't even explain the extent to which everyone was into this game, it was amazing. So the fourth set started and the crowd was just full force into this game and were going crazy for every little thing that happened. When the ref made a bad call, the crowd made sure to let him know. The whole coliseum was booing, loudly may I mention, talk about the ref thinking twice next time.. ;) This set was a close one, quite intense I must say. But in the end the US won 25-22. The crowd was nuts! I took many videos, theres no way I'd forget it, but just so everyone else can see! They gave out player awards after, #19 from the US, Destinee Hooker got 3 of the 7 awards, best scorer, best blocker and MVP. She was alright I guess.. JUST KIDDING, she was soooo good! I got quite a few pictures of her, she was set lots, obviously. But yea, she was just real great. I left the place at around 6:30pm by the time all the awards and such were done. After that I got something to eat then got some groceries and came home! It was quite an eventful day, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Oh and another thing I forgot to mention. Each team had their own cheering section of students from different schools cheering for them. Each corner of the coliseum was designated to a different group of students. Each group had costumes and signs and different cheers, it was pretty cool! All in all, this was BEST TIME EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment