Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Alright, I have quite a bit of updating to do..
So I will start with Sunday. Sunday I woke up quite early and went to go meet Judy at an mtr station and we would go to Macau with Andy for the day. On Saturday when we talked about it, I thought she said to go to the Chai Wan station. On the Island Line, which is the mtr line where the station that is by my apartment is located, Chai Wan is on one end, which is the farthest one away from my apartment, and Sheung Wan is on the other end, which is only about 3 or 4 stops from the one by my apartment. So I woke up extra early because it would take me about 25-30 minutes to get to the Chai Wan station. I got up, went to the station and couldn't find Judy, she said she was waiting at the exit for me. So I called her and said I was there but couldn't see her. She said you are at exit B right? and I said yes, I am at exit B. But she thought I said D and so she went there. After about 10 minutes of confusion and not being able to find eachother, she realized I was at the Chai Wan station. Turns out she told me to meet her at the Sheung Wan station. So now I am at the farthest east station and she is at the farthest west station. Great huh? The ferry we were supposed to take was leaving at 9, and we needed to be there at 830 so we could go through customs and such. Well it was about 8:18 and I needed to travel probably 35-40 minutes to meet her at the station. I went to Sheung Wan and met her and Andy, she told me that we would take a different ferry and it left at 930. So we made this ferry and headed over to Macau. It was about an hour ride to get there. Macau is part of China, so you have to go through customs and all that fun stuff. In Macau we walked around, went to this fortress thing and this really old church which only has the front still standing, the building itself is no longer there, but the front wall is still there. It was soooo hot out this day and I thought I was going to die! It was super busy in this area as well, the streets were just packed with people! After the church and fortress we went to the Macau tower, which is like the CN tower or any other kind of tower that you can go up to the top and look at the city. There is a skywalk, which is where you get strapped into a harness type thing and you can walk the circumference of the outside of the tower, it is pretty cool, but I couldn't do it, way to high for me! There was also bungee jumping! We watched one guy do it and I was freaking out just watching him, I could never do that either! After the tower we went to a temple. There was this bowl, some type of metal, maybe bronze or something, and it had a handle on each side. There was also water in this bowl. What you do is you go and dip your hands in the water, then you rub the handles and the water starts to spray upwards. Not everyone can do this though. So I went to try it and no luck! I watched so many people before and after me do it, so I wanted to try again. I went again and lucky me, got the water to spray up, it was so cool! I felt like I was magic or something, haha. After that fun time, it was time to head back to the ferry. It left at 5, and we had to be there for 430 to go through customs and such again. By the end of the day I was not feeling so great, all of the heat and walking, probably not a sufficient amount of fluids or food either. I went and got some groceries then came home. By this point I was not doing well at all. I didn't stay up much longer then I went to bed, where I had probably the worst sleep ever! I couldn't get comfortable and I kept waking up. On Monday, yesterday, I was doing any better, stomach pains, head ache, nauseous feeling and all of that fun stuff. I went and got some medicine, which helped for about 10 minutes then wore off. I drank some aloe vera juice and had some crackers, which did help a little bit, but I was still not feeling so great. Then I got a text from a booker from my agency saying I had a casting, awesome timing huh? Since I haven't really had many castings I thought I should go because who knows, maybe by some crazy chance, I would get this job, even though I was quite ill. So I went to the casting, thought I was going to puke/pass out on my way there, but I eventually made it there. At the casting, the guy asked me a bunch of questions and I tried on 3 outfits and he took some pictures, he also put a star on my comp card! So I am hoping that means it will be good news and hopefully the forcing myself to go to this casting will pay off! I came straight home after and was still feeling really unwell. I went and got some more medicine, talked to my mom for a bit, then went to bed. I had a better sleep this time, but woke up at about 5:30 am, I stayed awake until about 7 and then fell back asleep until 11. The medicine worked quite nicely and I feel much better today, still not 100%, but lots better than the 2 previous days! Me and my mom are thinking it might have been food poisoning, but we are not quite sure. Today I just sat at the apartment and rested pretty much. Watched some movies and all of that fun resting stuff. Tomorrow I have a small magazine job, so hopefully I will be feeling even better than I am today. Either than that, there hasn't really been much going on. Castings are still pretty slow, but hopefully will be picking up in the next month, as girls will hopefully be leaving to go to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment