Monday, August 9, 2010

I skipped yesterday because nothing that interesting happened, and if it did I will fill you in on this one. So today I woke up, didn't know what time it was, so decided to get up and check, lucky me it was 8:30 am, whooopeee. I look at my phone and have a message from the one agent from my agency here, it said something like "sorry I forgot to tell you that you have a test shoot on Monday at 10:30 am". Oh and to throw in here, the message was sent at 1 am, good timing, do you really think I am awake? Well it is Monday and it is 8:30 am and the place where the test shoot was is about 45 minutes away, perfect. What would they have done if my sleeping schedule was back to normal and I had slept later? GIVE ME MORE NOTICE PEOPLE. Geez. Anyway, so I made my way over to the place, and did the shoot. The photographer is one of the best in Hong Kong, her name is Connie. It was kind of funny because I thought she said Courtney, but she didn't. People here can't pronounce my name, so sometimes it comes out sounding like Connie instead of Courtney. Anyway, so I discovered it wasn't Courtney when one of the people working there called her name and said "Connie", they spoke english as well because they used to live in Toronto, so that was pretty much the only person I talked to, as it was the only person I could understand and actually communicate with! Coincidentally, this guys name was Jason, from Toronto as I mentioned above. This is coincidental because on my first casting I met a model there named Jason also from Toronto. Weird huh? The two people I have met from Canada both have the same name AND are from the same place, odd I thought. So the shoot finished and then I had a casting to go to. It was for a camera commercial and print ad. I had to pretend that I was in a really nice place and was taking pictures and was all amazed by the place and stuff. But the cool thing is..if I get the job, it  will be shot in Europe!!! So I'm really hoping that I get it, obviously. Good thing I bought my camera before i came, otherwise I wouldn't have known how to pretend to use this camera and such. Anyway, that would be just lovely if I got the job! After that, the usual, got some groceries then went out for supper with Joe and Judy. That was my day, but the blog is not finished, just some interesting sightings I have seen since I have been here and possibly forgot to mention:

1. When we went to see Inception, we were walking around the shopping centre the movie theatre was in before hand, and on display was a white Mercedes Benz covered from front to back in Swarovski crystals. Every inch of the outside of the vehicle, not including tires or lights, were covered in the crystals. First, talk about expensive! Second, imagine seeing that on the road, what the heck. And third, that would SUCK to clean!

2. I watched an asian hooker pick up an old man on the street..that was one odd sighting let me tell you. You wouldn't know this lady was a hooker either, the only reason I knew is because i watched this occurrence happen right infront of my eyes (the picking up part, not the rest....)

3. A BLONDE HAIRED ASIAN GIRL. All I have to say is wtf?! First of all, asians are not meant to be blonde, no offence to anyone out there who is, but for real, take a look at the asian population anywhere in the world and they are all born with dark hair. Obviously it is meant to be that way. Just try to picture me blonde or any other asian person blonde and thats what it looked like...weird right?

4. An asian with an English accent......almost as weird as the blonde asian. When your in Hong Kong, a place populated with EVERYONE speaking chinese, meaning they have the accent and all, you don't really expect to talk to a local with an english accent. English as in like "would you like some tea and biscuits" (obviously with the accent attached). It was really really weird, caught me off guard at first. Oh and also, they spoke chinese as well, but they could also speak english. He is a photographer and when he went to talk to me BAM, english accent.

5. Australian accented asian. WEIRD

6. An asian look alike!! Flip I totally forgot about this one. But I went to this one casting, and one of the guys that was like a worker/help the photographer type people at the place my casting was at, looked like my brothers friend Colton, its flippin weird you have no idea! Like identical pretty much, just that Colton is white and this guy is chinese, soooooo weird!!

No comments:

Post a Comment