Thursday, August 26, 2010

So this week has been pretty much boooooooring! I have done pretty much nothing, whoopeeeee. But yesterday happened to be my 18th birthday, wooohoooo!! So I woke up, ate etc etc, hit the gym to work on my fitness, where I started on the treadmill and while doing that, watched this salsa or dance class take place in the area behind me. It was mostly older ladies taking the class and it was hilarious! Most of them had zero idea of what the heck they were doing, so it was quite entertaining, I was trying not to laugh! After watching about 15 minutes of that, I watched some of the original Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie on my phone, IT ROCKS! The original is so flippin good! I will watch the rest of it today when I go to the gym later! Oh also should I mention, I witnessed this one older woman wearing a fluorescent pink and green workout outfit... it was extremely flared bell bottomed spandex pants and a sports bra, may I also mention here that she did not have a hot bod, so the sports bra should have been underneath a shirt of some sort... After the gym I went and got a manicure and pedicure, that was quite lovely. Not the same as back home, but it wasn't to bad! I came home for a bit and rested before the big supper event. We went to a Russian restaurant called Balalaika, I think thats how it is spelled. It was pretty cool! Nothing to fancy, but the decorations were cool and stuff. There were also this guy and girl that were dressed up russian like and they sang and made music while everyone ate. They didn't look very enthused, but they kept playing anyway. At supper was me, Joe, Judy, Andy, Yumee, Eric and Lillian I think her name is? I don't remember! So they ordered the food, and we just shared all the dishes, it was quite delish! I did enjoy it. After we ate we went into the freezer! It was a vodka freezer or something where people go in and they drink ice cold vodka and hang out. We just went in there for kicks and to take pictures! We wore large fur coats, it was -20 in there, so pretty much just like winter back home! After all the pictures and that shenanigans, they brought me my cake! Yumee picked it out, they had bought it somewhere else and brought it to the restaurant, it was a chocolate cake, with blueberries too. IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOOOD! I pretty much licked my plate clean! I also received a few gifts, a bracelet from Andy and Yumee and perfume from Lillian. Earlier on this month I was shopping with Judy and she had bought me the Dr. Martens I had wanted as my birthday present from her and Joe! After all of the restaurant events we walked around this area full of tourists and bars and then went to this one lounge thing and had a drink. Wasn't to wild of an 18th birthday, but I had to be up early this morning to go to the agency and do a casting to send to Bangkok. It definitely wasn't the same as being at home, but it was still good and way better than having to spend it by myself, which is what I thought I was going to have to do! Also, before I end this blog here, I have a few things to mention that I witnessed yesterday:

1. A fire truck stopped at a red light and let the pedestrians walk... His lights were flashing and stuff, so I stopped to let him go, but all of the people just continued walking, so I also went. But I thought this was sort of odd?

2. A lady had her dog in a stroller... she was pushing him around like he was a child, oh and there was no child in the stroller, it was just for the dog. Whens the last time you seen a dog in one of those?

No comments:

Post a Comment