Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Oh goody another day living in HK passes.. let me fill you in on what occurred today! So I had my job for Cathay Pacific airline today, call time was 11 am. So I go to the job, its supposed to be a 6 hour shoot, but I didn't even think we would fill the 6 hours, from what I saw from the casting, it didn't seem like it could take THAT long. Man was I wrong, not only did it take 6 hours, but add 3 to that. Yes 9 hours, 9 hour day, woopeeeee. So I start by arriving at 11. We started makeup at about 11:15 probably. In these pictures you won't be able to tell its actually me, it is only close ups of different body parts, one of my eye, one of my lips, one of my feet and one of my back. I think the ads are promoting vacations or something. So what they did was they had to white out the body part they were shooting, aka make it white, and then the background and everything else was white. With this picture they will apply another one on top thats like a little colorful thing with snowboarders or mountains or suns or whatever the ad is for. So, we started with my eye. My makeup was done, first coat was a very very heavy coverup/concealer deal, probably about a jillion shades lighter than my actual skin color. On top of that we got some white powder situation, and then some baby powder on top of that. I pretty much resembled a ghost of some sort. After this was done, the client apparently said it wasn't the right "texture", so it was all taken off. The heavy coverup was the applied again, then a different white powder, after this was finished, we found out there was a "miscommunication" and the first look was the right one. So once again, the whole thing was taken off and the first one put back on. Mmmmmm my pores are just in heaven! So the eye shot took about 3-4 hours, yay. The eyelashes weren't right, or my face wasn't white enough or something, so it took quite awhile. After that, they applied the color around my eye that the picture would be that they would put around it. The eye was done after that, and she couldn't get the color around my eyes completely off, so guess what! She took all the face makeup off, and then had to reapply it all again because the lip shot was next. Oh should I mention I hadn't eaten since about 9am, and it was now 3:30 or 4pm. So before we did the lips I got to eat, woohoo. We then did the lips, fun times, nothing exciting there. Then next was the back. So, coverup, white powder, baby powder, more baby powder, white powder, and continuous application of these throughout. All of this was applied down my arms, my neck, shoulders, and about 1/3 to 1/2 way down my back. Fuuuuuun right? I had to twist my head to the side and touch my chin to my shoulder, so you could say my neck got just a tad bit sore by the end! After that one was the foot one, so again all of the previous applications onto my feet and legs. I had to put my feet in this one position, where I was turned to the side, my right foot was flat on the ground and the left like pointed downward. I wasn't allowed to put any pressure on my left foot either, because I think it was turning red or like veiny or something. So basically I stood on my right foot for a solid 45 minutes to an hour. After the 6 hour day plus the 3 hours of overtime, we finished! Talk about long day. After all of this I had to do a casting, which was at the same place I did the shoot. My hair looked flippin grey though because there was coverup and baby powder in it and I couldn't get it out! Can't win 'em all though I guess. That was basically my day, what a joy huh! I didn't have time to do the McDonalds casting today, so I have to do that one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment