Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Alright, so yesterday was the Mid Autumn Festival here in Hong Kong, I guess its a day where there is a full moon and I'm not really sure what else. But there was this big celebration at Victoria Park and there was this like fire dragon thing. I went with Joe and Judy, the fire dragon was basically this dragon, not real obviously, it had a head and a very long body, people carried it but sticks above their heads. The fire part was these smaller sticks that were lit so they were glowing red, hence the fire part. So there was this big like parade type thing the dragon did, then it went back to Victoria Park and danced some more. There were sooo many people here, but the area was also huge! It was decorated with lanterns and lights and everything. I will put pictures at the bottom. It was actually really cool for a bit, but after awhile of standing in a large crowd of sweaty smelly people, not so much fun.. Plus this one guy infront of us was coughing and sneezing and grossly blowing his nose, not so pleasant if you ask me! I am leaving here in 2 weeks, around October 6th, but the date isn't confirmed yet. I will be going to Shanghai! I'm pretty excited to leave as I hear it is busier in Shanghai, and here I am not really doing anything. But I do have 3 more jobs before I leave, one is a presentation for Coach perfume, I basically have to stand there and hold the perfume, the next is a presentation for Sony Ericsson, basically the same thing as the Coach one and the last is a Makeup show or event or something. I think they are just using me as a model to do makeup on and show how their makeup can be used etc. Those should be just a lovely time. Until then I will just be working on my fitness, wandering the streets of Hong Kong, the usual. I'll keep an update on anything interesting that happens in my last two weeks here! Also, some things I witnessed while at the Mid Autumn festival..

1. An asian man, wearing a purple shirt, with the collar popped. Oh and I forgot to mention he had a white very furry cat on his shoulder...

2. A dog with pigtails, glow necklaces around his neck and wearing some blue runners

The things you see at events like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment