Monday, January 3, 2011

Bangkok

Alright, so the time has come again where the blogging must continue, as I continue on my approximate year long journey. I left Grande Prairie today at 1:35 pm, and got into Edmonton sometime around 2:30 or so. My cousin Tyson picked me up from the airport and we hit up West Ed and then went to a sushi restaurant called Mikado, where we met my Aunty Donna. After that we went back to West Ed for a bit and then I went back to the airport to catch my 8:45 flight to Vancouver. As per usual, my flight was delayed, apparently I can't fly anywhere without that happening! At first it was only delayed 15 minutes, so was supposed to leave at 9pm. We boarded the plane and were ready to go at about 9:30 when the pilot comes on telling us that there is some frost on the wings so we must de-ice. No big deal, that happens in the winter all the time.. but when we get to the de-icing area, he comes on again telling us that the truck that is supposed to de-ice our plane is broken, greeeeeeeat. He tells us we must wait about 10-15 minutes before we know whats going, so we wait, I read, we wait, then he comes on again saying that it is for sure broken and won't be fixed so we need to wait another 15 minutes for another truck to come. Again, we wait, I read, we wait, the pilot comes on and does his apology thing blah blah blah and then tells us we need to wait ANOTHER 15 minutes. At this point its about 10pm, so the 15 minutes taking us to 10:15 and then after de-icing about 10:30. May I mention one more time the plane was supposed to leave at 8:45? WHAT THE HECK! Figure it out people!! Last time I checked, there were many de-icing trucks so this problem would not occur? Like coooooome on! So finally we are off and in the air, woohoo... I fell asleep and before you knew it we were landed in Vancouver at 10:51 vancouver time, which was 11:51 GP time. Of course, my next gate is basically on the other side of the flippin airport so I had to walk all the way, thinking my flight boarded at 11:30. Thankfully it didn't, it doesn't board until 11:50, hence me sitting here typing on my computer. Oh one last note before I have to put all this shinnanigans away and board my 12 hour flight.. I GOT A AISLE SEAT! WOOOOOO! Best day ever basically. So what that means is.. Courtney has to go to the bathroom... and she can go whenever she wants! Yaaaaay. I don't have to wake the person up next to me or wait for them to wake up, I can get up and go as I please! YES. Note to whoever is reading this... always get the aisle seat when travelling a long flight, otherwise you will thoroughly regret it when you have to pee really really bad and the person or two people next to you are sleeping... trust me, not fun! I will continue the blog when I get to Taipei if they allow me to use the internet there, if not, update you when I arrive in Bangkok!

No comments:

Post a Comment