Saturday, January 22, 2011

So this week didn't bring anything to interesting, but I do have a few mentionable things that occured or I saw or whatever. First of all, I had my first job on Tuesday. It was for L'Oreal, an event launching a new Kerastase hair product. There was me and 5 other models. 4 of the models wore gold dresses and did a rehearsal, while me and one other model sat there waiting, wondering what we were wearing and what we had to do. Turns out they made us put on a nude boob tube (as I call it) and a pair of nude long spandex shorts type thing. They came up to just above the bottom of my ribs and ended just above my knees... attractive right? Anyway, so we had to wear this, then they used this gold dust stuff, mixed with baby oil (to turn it into paint..?) and put it all over our arms, chest, stomach, back and legs. In other words we were covered in this stuff! They also tried to put it on the spandex stuff, but that didn't work out so nicely.. This is what we had to wear. No joke. We had to stand on either side of the entrance where all the guests came in. GREAT. I felt ridiculous! Kind of like I forgot to put my clothes on and was painted gold.. fun. Oh yea, and there were photographers there for publicity and stuff, so those pictures will be circulating in the media....even better! (not). Next on the agenda.. I had gone to a casting last Sunday for a Mazda commercial. On Wednesday my booker texts me and tells me I have to go to this Mazda casting again. So I call her, tell her it's okay, I already went, but she tells me they want to re-cast me. I think okay, well maybe its a call back? But no it wasn't it was just another casting, the reason they wanted me to go re-cast was because they wanted to change my hair. Thats it. Just my hair. HAVE SOME IMAGINATION PEOPLE! Come on now, you work in the modelling industry!! They did my hair basically the same, just didn't back comb it as much, so it was a bit more flat than last time. As you can probably tell, I was just sooo impressed... But hopefully that means they really liked me and wanted everything just right? Fingers crossed. Today I go to a casting for Vaseline, there are 2 stories tied to this one.. first, as I am waiting, the guy next to me stands up and is walking around. I notice there is some kind of sticker or patch on his pants and I look, its one of those Parent Advisory signs, like from CD's with "explicit content" or whatever and its on his crotch... weird and slightly inappropriate to wear to a casting I would guess? Second, I show up at this casting at 2:45, there are a bunch of people there, so I sign in and then leave, my apartment was really close so I just walked around and ate lunch etc. At 4 I return and it's still not my turn! They do my hair and makeup and I get changed. I don't go into the casting room until 615 and didn't finish until 7! Talk about waiting! Thats all for now, tune in in a few days or maybe a week to see what happens next..!

No comments:

Post a Comment