Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today I had the day off, so me and my mom went out and did things. We started the day off at the spa (yaaaay!), we each got a massage and facial, it was really really great, I thoroughly enjoyed, so did my mom as her snoring told it all, haha! But the massage was great, my legs are starting to hurt from having to walk the 5 flights of stairs up to my apartment 2 or more times a day! After the massage we had lunch then went to an area called the French Concession. There was a walking tour that my Lonely Planet Shanghai book suggested so we decided to try that. It took you to or by different sights to see in this area. We started off doing the tour, but then got kind of bored, so we made our own paths. After we had enough of that, we went to Tianzifang, an allied/small roads area where there is lots of little shops and restaurants. There are a lot of arty kind of stores in this area. When I first went there with my roomates, I instantly thought it looked like Diagon Alley from Harry Potter! I felt like I was going to buy my wand for the year and my pet of choice! Anyway, so we walked around there, bought things and then we went to a restaurant called Bohemia for supper. It was quite delicious! We basically had walked for about 4 hours straight with no breaks, either than the few minute taxi ride from where we were in the French Concession to Tianzifang. I bought a backpack, my mom likes to call it "fashionable"..in other words, its not just a volleyball backpack like the rest I have, its leather and some other material and has straps and such, I don't really know how to explain it, but I love it! We also bought some little slipper things, one for each of us, I bought a cool hair clip thing, mom bought this thing that has a ball and then tassle on the bottom to hang in her truck window, there is chinese writing on it that means safety. Hmm what else did we buy? Ooh some cool leather bound notebooks, or like the cover of the notebook is leather, however you describe that. I think thats about all the purchases we made today! Mom is already sleeping, its 10:50 pm here, but she was fast asleep at around 9:30 or just before. Tomorrow I'm not really sure what the day is consisting of, so we kind of just have to make up our days as we go. There is a new model arriving though, she is with the same agency as I am back in Canada, but we have never met, we are the same age though, so should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment