Sunday, October 10, 2010

Shanghai

Hello from Shanghai! I arrived here on Friday, my flight was delayed, which happens to me just about every time I fly anywhere! But I arrived safely and was picked up by a booker and taken back to the apartment. I live with 4 other girls, 2 are from Toronto, 1 is from Portland and the last is from Russia, but lives in Calgary now. The apartment we live in is much much bigger than the one in HK, lots of room to walk around and such! I also made more friends in the first day I was here than my whole 2 months in Hong Kong, haha. The guys from the agency, there are 3 of them, came over on Friday night, as well as one of the model's boyfriends and another guy who is one of the other models really good friends. So basically I made 9 friends in being here less than a day! Woohoooooo. The girls here are really nice, they actually talk to to eachother and don't just stay in their rooms all day, like some I know... So it's good here, bigger than HK, also colder! I can wear pants, a tank top and a cardigan and not sweat like wild! It's kind of nice though, because then you don't show up to castings all sweaty and gross. We take a van to our castings, so we all go together which is good, our drivers name is Jackie. I wasn't able to use the internet for the first few days of being here, China is still communist so it tries to block the flow of communication, so some sites like Facebook, Youtube, Blogger and other sites were blocked and people here aren't allowed to use. But good thing there are smart people in this world and they created VPN's that can break through The Great Firewall of China (thats what the blocked internet communication flow thinger is). So I bought a VPN so that I can use the internet freely! So far it's been good and my mom comes next Monday! Also, since we're missing turkey dinner, me and one of the girls from Toronto, I also share a room with her, are making chicken and mashed potatoes, having our own little Thanksgiving feast! haha. We don't think you can get turkey here, so the closest thing was chicken, which is fine! Should be just lovely. Blog again soon, Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment