Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Okay, I'm super behind on this blog, sorry to anyone who is checking and its not updated! I've been in Shanghai for the past week and a half as you know, my mom arrived here on Monday though! Woohoo! She brought me delightful things, such as clothing items, my backpack, thin addictives, dark chocolate covered blueberries and acai berries! Mmmmmm. As well as a package Megan sent along with her, which included 2 magazines, Miss Congeniality 1 & 2, One Tree Hill season 7 and a BFF necklace! I really enjoyed that! I have had 3 jobs so far, all catalogue, 2 were for the same company, called VOA, it was for fur coats, and the other was for cashmere sweaters. Not what you think though.. the "cashmere sweaters" I thought I would be wearing were nice, fancier cashmere sweaters, man was I wrong! I'm pretty sure I wore 150 of the ugliest sweaters you could imagine. Basically just pretend you invited 150 people to an ugly sweater party, guaranteed 90% or even maybe 100% of those sweaters would of been there. It was kind of funny though. They were so old fashioned and just plain ugly in my opinion, as well as they all ended around my belly button, apparently I have a long torso compared to normal people? hahaha. All 3 of these jobs were out of Shanghai, so I had to travel by bus or train about 1 hour and a half to get there. Today I have a day off, so me and mom are going to start the day at the spa with facials and a massage, yipeeee! After that we are going to an area called The French Concession, where we will do a walking tour we found in my Lonely Planet book for Shanghai. I think it takes you to a lot of the tourist sites/places in the area. After the walking tour we are going to go to this place called Tianzifang. I don't really know how to explain it, but its like little streets, kind of alley type things, and there are a lot of art type stores and restaurants in there, its really cool! The first time I went there it reminded me slightly of Diagon Alley! Thats about all for now, I'll try to keep this updated more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment