Monday, November 1, 2010

So I definitely totally forgot about this whole blog thing, just realized I haven't updated in a long time! Things are going alright over here in China, I'm still making friends here which is quite swell. Castings are keeping us busy, sometimes 7 a day and sometimes only 1 or 2. The other night was Halloween, so we all dressed up and went to celebrate. Me and Caitlin, one of my roommates, dressed up as nerds, so clearly we were the coolest ones there.. It was super crowded and busy, but we had fun! This morning I woke up at about 9:36 am, the phone rings at 9:40 am and it was our booker, saying that "oh you have casting at 10:20". Awesome right? Woohoo 40 minutes for us to get ready for a casting, how greeeeeat! So in other words this morning was just super. Also, I've been sick for the past few days, so I felt like a gem this morning, also looked like one too. My nose is slightly plugged, but runs 24/7 if that even makes sense? My glands in my throat are swollen and my voice is slightly boy sounding. I am in good shape clearly! I'm hoping that it'll go away soon. Weird thing here.. every place I've travelled to, a month into being there I have gotten sick. I've been here just over 3 weeks, almost a month and surprise surprise I got sick! Not fun. I talked to Kallie on skype today for many minutes, made me miss everyone so much more! Today was a shopping day after castings, we went back to the place called Tianzifang, the one that looks like Diagon Alley. I bought a purse, not like I need anymore, but atleast now I have a variety.. haha, I also bought a scarf, some earrings, presents for friends and family and I think thats about it. Good shopping trip to say the least. Ooh we also went to this place called Cafe Dan to eat, recommended by Juliet, my first roommate here. She told me to try to matcha udon noodles and matcha latte, so I did both and they were soooo good, definitely be going back there! Last but not least, yesterday me and mom went to Old Town, another part of Shanghai, it was a lot of little shops and bazaars or whatever. At the end of that we went to the fabric market, where Juliet also recommended a tailor there, so we went to see her. I am getting a blazer made and mom is getting 2 jackets and 3 pairs of pants. It's so cool because you basically just design your own stuff and pick out your own material. That's about all for now I think, I'll try to remember to keep this updated more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment