Friday, November 5, 2010

Yesterday mom and I had to go back to the fabric market so she could try on one of her jackets and a pair of pants, just to make sure they fit. So we went back to Old Town and went to the Yuyuan Garden first, which we planned on going to last time, but it was closed by the time we found it. So we started our trip there, it was an old style Chinese garden I believe, and it was pretty cool. Lots of chinese styled buildings and rock architecture stuff, also many ponds with fish. After that we went to the fabric market where mom tried on her clothes. I have to go back next week to pick everything up, can't wait to see my blazer! After the market, we went to an area in The Bund that sells cheaper hair products and appliances. I needed to get a flat iron that worked over here, because the voltage on mine isn't high enough, so it heats up really fast and to a very very high temperature. So we went there and I got one, probably around 30 dollars canadian, so hopefully it will work alright! After that we went and found a place to eat, then headed back to the apartment. Last night was moms last night here so I stayed at her hotel with her. I showered there, which was way way way better than showering at the apartment! First off, the temperature stays consistent the whole time, no getting steaming hot then having to turn the tap down, having warm water for awhile then getting steaming hot again. At our apartment apparently there are only two temperatures, extremely hot or freezing cold. Second, it's not super dark in the shower, so you don't feel like your showering with no lights on. Our bathroom has black tiled walls and floors, soo slightly on the dark side.. and last, the shower head was just better and a better shower overall. Her bed was also way better than mine too, I slept the best I have since I have been away from home, which means including Hong Kong. It was great! This morning I had a job for a magazine, it was a makeup before and after and then application thing. After that finished we went to a casting which we didn't even end up doing because there were so many models and our booker didn't want to wait. So we came back to the apartment and have been hanging out since then. Oh can't forget this.. yesterday when mom and I were out, I almost got hit by a man on a motorcycle. GREAT. I was walking one way, and he was coming the way that would be perpendicular to me and I wasn't totally paying attention, but since he was coming towards humans he should of been and he almost hit me! If I wouldn't have noticed at the last second I would of been seriously injured or maybe an occurrence of death? NOT FUN. So obviously quite angry with him, I yelled and swore and did things any other angry person would do. It was ridiculous! The traffic, vehicles, pedal bikes and motorized bikes don't care about pedestrians what so ever! They don't move for you at all.. like who cares if you hit a human right? Also update on the roommates. So it was just me, Amanda and Anya for awhile, Amanda being from Toronto and Anya originally from Russia, but lives in Calgary. A few weeks ago Caitlin arrived, she is with the same agency as me back home, she lives in BC and she is also the same age as me. Then about a week ago another girl arrived, her name is Melody and thats who I now share a room with. So the apartment is back to being full, but everyone gets along pretty well. Mom left today at 6, her time here went by soo fast! Last but not least, my name is no longer Courtney, apparently it is Country or Kittney, one of the two options works. Here, they can't pronounce my name, ever, soo they say Country or Kittney and I just accept it. Well thats about all for now, I'll write again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment