Wednesday, February 16, 2011

So since last time I wrote not a whole lot has happened. The castings seem to be coming slower now, but hopefully it will pick up soon! I ended up staying the whole weekend and Brandie and Myron's, not having any castings all weekend. Friday Brandie and I went for foot massages at a place near their house. It felt soo good! Not only did they massage our feet and legs, they did our shoulders, neck and arms too, it was great! The rest of the day was just spent relaxing, not doing a whole lot. Saturday Hunter had a baseball game, so we went to that. Sunday we went for Valentines brunch at a Mediterranean/French restaurant called Crepes & Co. It was so so so delicious! They had crepes, obviously, pancakes, every other breakfast food and lunch and dinner foods as well. If I could I would go to this place everyday, but first its to far from my apartment and second, I'd probably get real large, real quick! After that tasty meal, they dropped me off at a casting that was close to the restaurant. It was for Isuzu. This casting did not go to well.. first, when I was getting my hair done, the hair dude dropped the flippin curling iron on my shoulder! Not cool. This made me a tad grumpy. Then when I went to do my casting, the lady boy (its male, but dresses female etc.) doing the casting gave me a pair of shorts and handed them to me, saying "these look big enough for you, they should fit". Oh thanks, what are you trying to say to me, huh? So that added a tad to the grumpiness. Next, apparently I couldn't do the "angry face" correctly, so I had to do it over and over and over! One thing about castings here is that they make you do it over and over and over again until its perfect. But its just a casting, its not even the job, and the chances that you will get the job are 1 in how many! Oh well though, I guess if it helps you to get the job then its worth it. Monday was Valentines day and I treated myself to a delicious sundae at an ice cream place called Swensens. It was two scoops of ice cream with that marshmallow stuff and chocolate sauce drizzled on top, with maltesers and chocolate chips, mmmmmm. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Tuesday was spent doing nothing, I was feeling a tad under the weather and basically just stayed in my apartment either than to go to the gym and for a little walk around Town in Town. Today I had one casting, for some kind of facial product. After that I just came back to my apartment as I thought I was going to die. Still not feeling good, and getting/got worse as the day progressed. Runny nose, sore and phlegmy throat, plugged ears and possibly a slight fever? Fun stuff I tell you, fun stuff.. My body has some serious issues and needs to sort them out! The other day I was in a taxi and of course the radio was thai music. On came a rap song.. in thai. Odd. Very odd. Last but not least, whenever I come into my apartment, before opening the door I always have to make sure there are no guans aka iguanas aka mini lizzards, waiting by the door to scurry into my room. Apparently I didn't check well enough a few days ago.. I open the door and look around the corner (another habbit I do, just to make sure of the guan situation) and guess what I find?! A FLIPPIN GUAN. He ran into my room so fast! They are light pink and creepy and skinny and gross! So I freaked out for 2.5 seconds and then went to go get my umbrella to hit the wall near it so it would run out the door. I finally got it out and shut the door immediately. One problem.. I had to leave my apartment again shortly after, meaning the guan could still be near by. As I go to leave my apartment guess who comes for another visit? My little lizzard friend. He runs into my room for a second time. So again, the umbrella is used, but he takes a little longer to leave this time, running up the wall, up the side of my desk, behind the fridge and then finally out the door. I waited a few minutes and then ran quickly out of my room so he couldn't come back in! Thank god he didn't and he hasn't been back since. Thats about all I have to share with you for now. This weekend I am going out to Brandie and Myron's again, as Myron is gone to Houston for work meetings, so we are having a girls weekend plus Hunter, but may be sending him to a friends house for part of the time! Will write again next week to update on any other great experiences that occur to me. Oh wait, I forgot one thing.. When I was at their house on the weekend, they had gotten an email from a friend that lives in their area saying that a snake was spotted. It was about 12 feet long, the head being in the bushes on one side of the road and the tail being on the other side of the road in the bushes.. yuck! It was a constrictor I think and was seen coming out of either Brandie and Myron's yard or the neighbours! Scary right? Everytime we left or came back to the house we would look for it, but no such luck spotting it!

Ahh last thing I promise! The magazine which I am on the cover on came out! The pictures are posted below.






No comments:

Post a Comment