Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nothing to interesting happening over on this side of the world lately. Castings have still been slow, not many for me to go to, maybe its just because all of the castings are for jobs that will be shooting after I leave.. not sure. I'm still sick, same thing as last week, still not really getting any better. I went and got medicine from a pharmacy that is close by, and the lady spoke english which was good. She gave me two types of medicine and they didn't seem to help! My mom thought I might have a sinus infection, as my symptoms apparently told her it could be that, so I went back to the pharmacy yesterday and got another kind of medicine, which will hopefully make me better soon!! On the weekend I went out to Brandie and Myron's again, for our girls weekend. We watched a movie, made nanaimo bars for the International Food Fair that is at the kids school on Saturday, got foot massages and just relaxed all weekend. I was still feeling pretty crappy, but took Neocitron and some Canadian cold medicine! This apparently didn't really help my illness, so hopefully that means I have the sinus infection (since the cold medicine didn't work) and that this new medicine I got yesterday will help! So far this week I've had 4 castings, so it seems to be picking up I suppose, hopefully I land one of the jobs! Friday and Saturday I'm doing a show, its for dresses, not really sure what the company is, the dresses looked all different and I think they were even different brands.. Anyway, that is Friday and Saturday starting at 7am and finishing around 330pm. After Saturday's show I am rushing over to Nichada (the area where Brandie and Myron live) and going straight to ISB (the kids school), to attend/help out/eat all of the food at the food fair! I am so excited for that, should be tasty! Brandie is in charge of the Canadian booth and they are making nanaimo bars, poutine and beaver tails! yuuuuummmmmm. I can't wait to see what the other countries make! That is from 5-8 and I said I would help out at the booth, as well as cleaning up afterword. I will also get time to go around and taste all of the delicious food! Other than that I don't have anything else to talk about, minus one taxi story that I feel should be shared..
So I am going to a casting the other day, which means I needed to get a taxi to get there. I wave this one down, get inside and show him the map, he knows where it is so off we go. As I am sitting there I notice the music that is playing. At the time it was Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus. I assumed it was just the english radio, because why would this male taxi driver be playing that? After that song finished another one came on, Rude Boy by Rihanna. Next up was Need You Now by Lady Antebellum, quite the selection of music this "radio" was playing. Last before I got out of the taxi was I Never Told You by Colbie Caillat. I looked at the little screen for the radio and saw that it said MP3 and that it was song 35 or something. Meaning, this was a CD, not the radio... I kind of wanted to laugh at this point, because this is a 30 something maybe older thai man playing a CD, that is obviously his, which has Miley, Rihanna, Lady Antebellum and Colbie Caillat on it!.... interesting choice of music for him I would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment