Friday, July 30, 2010

Hong Kong

After Calgary, we headed to Edmonton to visit family before I left Canada. I left on Wednesday at 11:40 am and didn't arrive until Thursday at 8:00 am, which in Hong Kong is 10:00 pm. The time difference is 14 hours, talk about jet lag! So I arrived in Hong Kong, where I met a family relative/friend and him and his wife took me to my apartment. Turns out the cafe he owns is not to far from my apartment, so I can just walk there whenever I need to, it is quite handy. The time difference was not fun, I didn't fall asleep until the early hours of the morning and woke up not long after. I have 2 roomates, both from Russia. One is 17, her name is Dasha and the other 16, her name is Yulia. They both seem pretty nice so far, but we haven't really talked much yet. My room is sooooo small too! It fits a bed and my clothes, and then a minimal amount of space to move around. We have a couch, a tv, a table and chairs, a small bathroom and a little kitchen area which contains a sink, fridge and stove top. 
I am all unpacked, but I haven't really done much so far, I will start going to castings and all that on Monday, so it gives me a few days to rest and catch up on sleep. Last night I experienced Shanghai food with Joe (the family friend/relative) and his wife, along with their friends that were from Calgary. It was an odd experience, some dishes were okay, some were not so great! I tried everything though and it was quite interesting. 
Thats about all that has happened so far, I'll be sure to keep this updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment