Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day Two (Tuesday, March 27):

Free day! First actual day in Buenos Aires and I get to spend it doing whatever I want! I google places to go check out and then I head off shopping! My hotel is basically right downtown so it was nice because I could just walk to the places I wanted to go! I left around 1pm and didn't get back until about 7:30 or so! I went down a street called Sante Fe Avenue, which goes on forever with shops and restaurants, then I turned around, walked all the way back and then went to another street called Florida Street. It is a pedestrian street, so no vehicles are allowed and it is also filled with many shops! For lunch I stopped at a restaurant, which I don't remember the name, and got pumpkin ravioli.. sooooo good! The pasta was so fresh and soft and the whole thing was just delicious! Surprisingly, the whole 6 hours I was out "shopping" the only thing I purchased was my food... what the heck right? I came back to the hotel, hung out for a bit then went to bed. Day one probably doesn't sound that intersting..but it was so cool to walk around and see some of Buenos Aires, it's my first time in South America! The streets were very crowded and traffic was crazy! The only time there wasn't a store on the ave was when there was an intersection, where a street would be! How can there be this many stores and them all still open and running? I have no idea.

Day Three (Wednesday, March 28)

Day three started out with another free morning, to do whatever I wanted. I slept til 10, woke up and got semi ready, then went back to a couple of the shops where I saw things I wanted to buy! Of course, I didn't buy any of those items...but I did come across one pair of leather flat/loafer type shoes that i really enjoy, so I did purchase those! After a couple of hours out, I went back to my hotel, where a girl from the production house would meet me. She took me to a hair salon, where I got a hair treatment and my nails done! After spending a couple hours there doing all that beauty shenanigans, I got the car to take me to an area called Palermo. I read that it is basically the Soho of Buenos Aires. Many many streets with lots of shops, more high end stores, not necessarily name brands we know back in Canada, but high end Buenos Aires brands! Still very neat to go look around the area. I only spent a couple of hours there, because it started to get dark and I didn't want to be wandering around unknown streets by myself at night! I got a cab and went back to my hotel, where I ordered room service, watched tv shows on my computer and then went to bed, as I had to be awake at 6am this morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment