Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day Four (Thursday, March 29)

Shooting day! I had to be awake at 530am, not 6 like I just posted.. I was picked up at 6 to go to the location. We drove about 45 minutes, which I slept the whole way! We were in a place called Pilar I believe. We arrived at the studio at 6:45 and sat to wait for the rest of the crew to show up. Breakfast was there waiting for us, so we ate, had some coffee and waited. 730 rolls around and people start showing up, hair was late so I was still told to wait. 8 comes around and they decide since hair is not there, we will start with makeup. I finish my makeup, the hair stylist arrives and I do hair. All of the shenanigans finishes around 10 or 1030, I put my outfit on and I head over to the studio to start shooting! Oh, I forgot to mention my part was a thai girl. Meaning I had to speak thai for almost all of my shots.. Thai is not an easy language.. I know I talk pretty fast, but they speak extra fast! Plus, the language is obviously not my first, so trying to learn it, while saying it really fast... makes the words jumble together sometimes! They brought in a coach that spoke both Thai and English, so she could help me with pronunciation. She told me my Thai accent was very good, that I seemed to have no problem picking up the sentences the script gave me! By the end of my shooting I basically felt like I was thai and could speak it fluently! I finished all of my shots by about 2 or 230, so we took a break for lunch and then a car took me back to my hotel. I get back to my hotel, wash my make up off, brush my hair and get ready to go do some more wandering! 10 minutes into my exploring I get a phone call saying I will need to go back to the studio, they forgot a shot of mine. I go back to the hotel, wait for a car to come get me and at about 6 they arrive, we drive to the location, get there about 715, since I took my makeup off they have to re-do it! After going through the whole beauty regimen again, I wait for the other girl to finish her parts and then I shoot my last one, literally took 5 minutes... but what can you do, its part of the job! I didn't really mind anyway, the crew and clients were really great and very very nice! Once we got the last shot, the director yelled thats a wrap and everyone went nuts!! Shouting, clapping, everything you can imagine! It was so exciting, usually at the end of a shoot everyone is excited, but I have never been a part of a production where they were this excited, it was so cool! After the real "thats a wrap" and getting the final call to go home, a car took me, the other actress, the language coach and the stand-in back into Buenos Aires. That all brings me back to right here, writing these entries for my blog. I am pretty tired after lots of travel time and being up early today, but I have tomorrow to sleep in then the rest of the day plus Saturday morning to do more exploring! I think an area called San Telmo is on the agenda for tomorrow, but I need to check things out a bit more. Another post to follow on my last day and a half in Argentina! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment